TRAIL INFORMATION : Trails are maintained up to 60 inches wide
Trails are usually scheduled to open each year, throughout the State, by May 15th. However, the weather, mud conditions of the trails, landowners, and local clubs make the deciding factor for this date to be either earlier or later. Please obey posted trail signs.
To further simplify the width restriction regarding ATV trails which numerous people are misunderstanding:
(1) Trail Width Restriction is NOT new.
(2) Trail Width Restriction was NOT created by ATV Maine.
(3) Trail Width Restriction is NOT a law.
(4) Trail Width Restriction is NOT statewide.
(5) Landowners have requested that the EXISTING width restriction be enforced to gain control over what has been overlooked for MANY years.
(6) ATV clubs are being contacted by the landowner(s) that this enforcement will affect.
(7) ATV Maine has only shared this information to help educate those who will soon be on the trails! - This was NOT created by ATV Maine.
(8) 60-inch trail is 60 inches
Any questions, comments, or concerns, call:
Your Local Game Warden
Off Road Recreational Vehicle Program
Bureau of Parks and Lands
LATEST UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING TRAIL LOCATIONS
Please check out our Facebook page for clubs who have provided trail information - https://www.facebook.com/ATVMaine
I was just informed by a landowner in Frenchville that the trail that crosses their land will be closed. The trail will be blocked with trees according to the landowner. The trail is one that connects Airport Ave. to Starbarn Ave. Please seek an alternate trail until a solution to the problem is found. As a club, we will try to come up with trail options as soon as possible. Thanks for your cooperation.
Bob Marquis - President, Frenchville ATV Club
Message from Brian Bronson
Recreational Safety & Vehicle Coordinator
Division of Parks and Public Lands
The Aroostook Riders ATV Club St. Croix Trail is officially closed. All ATV trail signs have been removed and the Foresters from Irving Woodlands along with the Maine Warden Service have been notified. Anyone who uses this trail will be trespassing.
Flagstaff Area ATV Club - Western Maine
The landowner of Quill Hill scenic lookout is against ATV's but has given us permission to use his access road to the lookout area as long as we abide by his request which is 15 MPH, NO SPIN and vehicles have the right of way. If this request is not adhered to then it will be CLOSED completely -- "ABUSE IT WE LOSE IT"
Things to Know
- Insurance Information
Insurance Information - click here to read more
ATV Club Liability Insurance Event insurance fo...
- Trail Information
TRAIL INFORMATION : Trails are maintained up to 60 inches wide - click here to read more
State Trail Information Sunrise Trail Trails are usu...
ATV Education Courses - click here to read more
IF&W ATV Education Courses ...
- Landowner Relations Program